Welcome to the official page for current and recently resolved Rideau Trail trail alerts. Remember to always check this page before hiking on the Rideau Trail. This page is maintained by by RTA trail maintenance volunteers and relies on contributions from hikers like you. Take part in maintaining the Rideau Trail and report a hazard by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us at 1-613-545-0823.
Alerts are listed in reverse chronological order, the most recent first, with their latest status (e.g. Current or Resolved).
Important: Closure information is not always actively updated on weekends.
- Nov 18, 2017
- Richmond Detour
- UPDATE: Most of the Richmond Blue Loops have been reopened. Click on the map link (Map 16) to show the section still closed (red trail) due to construction. There are detour signs at both 16BC going south east through the bush & near 16BD parking lot. The parking lot at 16BD is still open but when going northwest on the blue trail about 30 feet there is a detour sign going west (yellow trail) through the lagoon on a berm to reconnect to the blue trail.
- August 25, 2017
- Map 11
- Le sentier bleu à partir des écluses Lower Beveridges jusqu'au barrage de Beveridges a été prolongée. Les randonneurs peuvent maintenant traverser le barrage lorsque les niveaux d'eau sont bas. Veuillez lire les panneaux de la RTA et de Parcs Canada concernant les dangers. REMARQUE: Le sentier ne dépasse PAS la table à pique-nique pour le moment. En savoir plus...
- July 18, 2017
- Map 14
- There is flooding in the Marlborough Forest between map points 14B and 14C. The trail is still open. Use caution when hiking this section.
- July 18, 2017
- Map 16
- The is flooding along a road allowance between map points 16D and 16F. The trail is still open. Use caution when hiking this section.
- June 25, 2017
- Map 8
- The Rideau Trail in Murphys Point Provincial Park (Lally Homestead - map point 09B) and near the St. Anthony's Monastery (near 08G) on Miners Point Road is experiencing flooding due to the beaver dams in the area. Best route: From Miners Point Road (400m west of 08G), turn left on Miners Point Road, turn right on Narrows Lock Road and right on Lally Road and walk to 09B.