The Bookkeeper volunteer is responsible for general bookkeeping tasks involving day-to-day accounting duties including:
· Managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, invoice entry, journal entries, ledger reconciliations, and preparation of donation receipts;
· Working with the Treasurer to balance books, manage required taxes, and ensure accounts are up-to-date.
· Prepare deposits and take them to the bank
· Bookkeeping experience or training.
· Basic proficiency with QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) and Microsoft Excel.
· Knowledge Google Drive or similar cloud storage.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to act with the required discretion when handling confidential information.
Estimated Time Commitment: 8-10 hours per month.