Becoming a Member of the RTA
Joining the Rideau Trail Association is a great way to support the Rideau Trail while also earning you some valuable benefits!
The RTA’s membership year is from April 1st to the following March 31st. If you join after October 31st, your membership will be extended to the end of the following membership year. Please note that you must be 18 years or older to become a member of the RTA. There are two types of memberships:
- Annual Individual Membership – For 1 person at a cost of $25 per year or $45 for 2 years.
- Annual Household Membership – For any 2 persons, at the same address, at a cost of $40 per year or $75 for two years.
- A subscription to the RTA’s quarterly newsletter which features hiking articles and a detailed list of outings organized by RTA members
- Special mailings such as our very popular monthly E-Letter
- Voting rights at the Club and Association Annual General Meetings
- 10% discounts at Ottawa stores Trailhead Paddleshack, Bushtukah & Great Escape Outfitters and Vamos Outdoors in Almonte
- 10% off a CRCA Annual Pass when purchased in-person at the Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area
- Discounted group rate on Gatineau Park xc ski & snowshoe permits
- 20% off at ColemanCanada.ca thanks to Hike Ontario!
How your membership benefits the RTA
Your membership in the Rideau Trail Association provides the financial support essential for the continuous maintenance, improvement, extension, and protection of the Rideau Trail network.
Hikers wishing to join the RTA should be assured that the personal information they provide is kept confidential and will not be released to any other organization.