Personal Information and Privacy
Membership applications to the Rideau Trail Association (RTA) are processed through the Rideau Trail Association database. The Ottawa, Kingston and Central Rideau Trail Clubs maintain local databases containing contact information for their volunteers. This information is utilized for ongoing communications with members and volunteers.
It is the policy of the Rideau Trail Association and the three Rideau Trail Clubs never to share the personal information of members and volunteers with other organizations or third parties.
The Rideau Trail Association limits access to personal information to Rideau Trail Association volunteers, and volunteers in the Rideau Trail Clubs who need access to that information in order to provide products and services sanctioned by the Rideau Trail Association, or to carry out their assigned volunteer tasks.
Upon request, the Rideau Trail Association will provide individual members and volunteers with access to all information that is maintained about them, in the Rideau Trail Association and Rideau Trail Club databases. Members and volunteers can access this information by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by writing to the Rideau Trail Association at P.O. Box 15, Kingston ON K7L 4V6.
Use and disclosure
When personal information is collected, it may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Processing memberships or volunteer applications
- Contacting members about renewing their membership.
- Contacting members or volunteers about the possibility of taking on a volunteer assignment or task.
- Providing newsletters and other information by mail or e-mail.
- Contacting members or volunteers for feedback in connection with the RTA products and services, ongoing operations, or future plans.
- Providing contact information for volunteers in RTA media.
The Rideau Trail Association will obtain permission from volunteers before publishing their contact information (name, telephone number and/or e-mail address) in print and electronic media.