Remembering Bruce Henderson27 Jan 2016
A group of RTA members are working to establish a lasting memorial to Bruce Henderson who passed away in May 2015. Bruce was an active and popular member of the Rideau Trail Association (RTA) for 10 years. He was known as the poet laureate of the RTA.
- A park bench with a commemorative plaque will be installed by the City of Ottawa in Britannia Park, Ottawa next to the Rideau Trail and the Poets’ Pathway;
- The bench will include a plaque featuring the RTA logo and text indicating that the bench was placed in memory of Bruce Henderson by his friends and family.
- The board of the RTA endorses the project and has set aside a portion of the donations made in 2015 in Bruce’s memory to help fund this project.
Update: We have reached our fundraising goal and are working with the City of Ottawa to have the bench installed in 2016. A big thanks to all the donors who contributed to keeping Bruce’s memory alive.
Still want to donate to the Rideau Trail Association? You still can! Visiting our Shop page to donate online.
Fundraising Goal (Achieved!)
The goal is to raise at least $2,400 in additional funds by June 1, 2016.
- Donors will receive a link to an e-book anthology of Bruce’s hiking-related poetry composed during his time as a member of the RTA.
- Donors will also receive a charitable donation tax receipt.
Need more information?
Contact Ron Hunt by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-298-1626.
We miss you, Bruce!