RTA response to COVID-19 (updated 1 July)15 Mar 2020
Updated July 1, 2020:
- all sections of the Rideau Trail are now open
- scheduled hikes have resumed, but for RTA members only.
- COVID-19 related safety measures are in effect (limited numbers, no carpooling, physical distancing, etc.)
The Rideau Trail Association is pleased to announce the reopening of the trail, and the resumption of organized hikes. There are several changes to our normal practices due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- all hikers must be members of the RTA. No guests can be accommodated at this time
- no more than ten hikers may participate, including the leader(s)
- hikers must contact the leader in advance to confirm attendance, and to be told where to meet
- no car-pooling is permitted (unless hikers are from the same household)
- physical distancing of 2m (six feet) must be maintained
- if you’re sick, stay home and recover!
Hikes in July and August that were advertised in the Summer newsletter will now proceed. Other hikes may also be offered; consult the weekly eLetter for your club. If you are not receiving the eLetter, please contact your club chair.
Above all, use of hiking trails should be guided by directions from public health authorities and from municipal and provincial governments. The guidance from these authorities will change over time and can be specific to your region. It is important that you follow government guidelines, while considering the health and safety of yourself and your fellow hikers.